So I will be the first to admit that I can cook, in fact I feel confident enough in my cooking skills that I'm not afraid to try new recipes, no matter how complicated. Baking, however, is a whole different story. Baking is definitely not my forte. I grew up cooking, not baking. My mother in law however is an amazing baker, and is always making yummy absolutely delicious desserts, and I'm afraid to try baking sometimes because I know Josh will compare it to all the good stuff his mom makes. Well, we had a Valentines dinner with the Cuthbertsons and I was asked to bring dessert and I knew that something extra good was expected. So I decided to try something new and not my safe cookie recipes. So for the first time ever, I baked a cheesecake from scratch. It turned out delicious! I was so proud of myself. I still can't believe I pulled it off. It was a perfect end to a delicious dinner(thanks Jessica) and a fun night with friends. So here are some pics of my work of art, and cute little Kellen enjoying dessert. I forgot to pull out the camera earlier during dinner :/
My masterpiece!
I made chocolate covered strawberries to go with the cheesecake.
Kellen LOVED the strawberries, he even tried eating the core.
He didn't want to waste any of the strawberry :)






5 comments:
Wow! You definitely did a super dessert! The cheesecake and the strawberries look professionally done!!
that's a really pretty cheesecake :)
I'm still having happy thoughts about that cheesecake. It's definite a have-to-make-again dessert. Thank you SO much for bringing the cake and strawberries. We too had a great night! P.S. You need to share your recipe with me so I can use my fancy never-be-used cheesecake pan. P.S.S. I might request your cheesecake for my 30th b-day, not to come for a few more years but I'm already thinking about it :)
I forgot to ask you...can you please send me the photo of Kellen eating the strawberry. I would love to post it on my blog. Thanks!
I knew you could do it! Looks Profesh!
Post a Comment