Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

My new hobby :)

I was completely shocked when I opened up my present and found a Bosch Kitchen mixer! It has been a personal goal of mine to learn how to bake since last year. I started out making different cookies and cakes, and had decided it was time to try bread. I'll admit I was super intimidated especially since yeast and I have had our differences in the past. My wonderful husband decided to spoil me and I have been loving it. Not every batch has come out right, but I have had a few successes. Luckily I've got a good friend in our ward that was nice enough to take a day and teach me a few tricks. Thanks Melanie! I am motivated to keep on practicing and eventually I'll be a pro. I made fresh bread today and although I had a small problem with the yeast the consistency and taste were perfect so I count that as another success. I've been pretty unsuccessful at getting pictures of my baking successes before they're eaten, so they must be good, right?

Baguette anyone? Since this first time

I've made it again and they turned out just as delicious and a little prettier


The first attempt didn't turn out so good, but my sweet hubby was willing to eat a few to try and make me feel better. This second attempt however came out perfect!


Although I don't use the Bosch to make these I had to post them just
because I feel so proud of them. I've had many compliments on them
and even multiple requests for me to make them for birthday treats :)

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Congrats Martha! Ha, I know exactly what you mean about having differences with yeast :) I've said I won't try to make bread again until I get a mixer. How fun for you. It looks delicious! Definitely something to be proud of.

Melanie Anne said...

That was soo fun to bake with you! You are doing awesome!!

Kristi Noble said...

I bet Josh LOVES you so much for making those! :) I know those are his favorite.

Heindogs said...

HEY! That is sooo awesome! You are like the best cooker/baker ever! I would love to know those tricks your friend taught you!.

P.S. Come to montana for a visit!!!!