Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

My boys

Being the mom of two boys has been so rewarding. I love my little guys even though we have times of meltdowns( we take turns trading off) and cleaning up messes (This is where Madsen and Pierson trade off). I've felt like Madsen has grown up so much lately. He's such an independent thinker and he's always watching us and trying to learn how to do what we do. He's recently discovered his own strength and coordination in opening bottles or anything that twists open. I'll admit my house is not baby proof. I just never had to baby proof with Madsen. He knew what he wasn't supposed to touch and what were his toys and that was all there was to it. However ever since discovering his new ability, I'm having to put things up on higher shelves. His latest adventure was opening the baby vicks container and upon seeing that it was the same consistency as his daddy's pomade, applying it VERY generously throughout his hair. I'll admit that when I saw him I was initially upset and then realized there was very little I could do and just had to laugh and take pictures. Pierson is such an aware baby. He's already recognizing voices and turning to people and looking up with his pretty eyes and smiling at them. He is such a happy baby, who loves to eat, and treats his mami very nicely by giving her 5-6 hour periods of sleep at night. I'm so lucky to have these two special boys as my sons.

I finally got a pretty good picture of the boys. :)
My sweet Pierson all ready for church.
My mom got the boys matching ties. They looked so cute.
Madsen's vicks adventure

I washed his hair out three times that day and we're still washing out the remainder of it out 3 days later.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Your boys are so cute! I love the Vicks story. haha.

*Meg Larsen* said...

that is so funny! scotty rolls eric's deodorant onto his hands and then rubs it into his cheeks like aftershave...YEAH....at least it smells nice!

Unknown said...

Try Dawn, it gets oil out of ducks, I would think it'd work on Vicks. Pierson is so cute and I can't believe how grown up Madsen is looking!

Deanna said...

Ha! I can SO relate to this post. Taking turns with meltdowns, cleaning up messes. I think I wrote this exact post when Vince was born. We never babyproofed either but, that sure changed when baby brother came. Life will get back to "normal" soon :)

Martha said...

I'm a little slow on this, but congratulations on Pierson! He is adorable. I hope life is great for you, despite being a little crazy!

Familia Sabogal said...

Your boys are so cute Martha!!