I decided that I needed to post what I'm grateful for today as a reminder that although I am huge, definitely uncomfortable, and still pregnant, there are many positive things in my life. Today I am most grateful for a my adorable Madsen. I seriously wonder sometimes what I've done in life to deserve such a patient and loving son. I've definitely been a victim of pregnancy insomnia lately. This morning I woke up a little after 5, stayed in bed for a little while then realized I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon. So I got up and started making myself productive. I started laundry, put away the clean dishes and started going through a pile of stuff that has made itself welcome in my kitchen for too long. I stayed up until almost 7 when I finally started feeling sleepy again. I went and laid down and Madsen woke up at about 7:30. At this point I was feeling exhausted and stayed up a little while with him, but then explained to him that Mami was really tired and he could read books next to me in bed if he wanted to. Well, to make it short he came into bed with me, cuddled, and fell back asleep with me and we slept in until almost 10. What a blessing. This is not the first time he's done this either. I love this little boy who is so sensitive towards others, their feelings and their needs. The other day I walked out of my room after having changed my clothes and he looks at me and says, "Mami, you're so beautiful. You're wearing pink, you look like a princess." He has definitely picked up his daddy's good habit of always commenting on the way I look :) It made my day to have him tell me I looked beautiful when I honestly don't feel very beautiful lately. I'm so excited for Pierson to get here, because I know that Madsen is going to love having him here. He's always kissing my tummy and telling Pierson he loves him. Right now he's admiring Pierson's newborn diapers and telling me how cute they are. He is going to be such an attentive and loving big brother. I have so much to look forward to with my two boys.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
What a good little guy! It's nice to have a little helper with two. I'm excited to hear about your birth!
Post a Comment