So I know it must seem that I'm always in Virginia, but this trip was a definitely unexpected and unplanned trip. Josh ended up going to Rhode Island on a ServPro trip to help respond to all the flood and water damage that they've had up there. So since he was driving past my parent's house, and would be gone for an indefinite amount of time, Madsen and I came up to spend time with my family. After all, who knows how often we'll be able to come up after Pierson gets here. Traveling by car with a newborn is not a feasible thing. We finished of an amazing Easter/Conference weekend with a trip to the zoo yesterday. Madsen had so much fun. I feel bad that I didn't take more pictures, but we just kept moving since there was so much to see. It was such a beautiful warm, sunny day. I'm so glad spring is here. Madsen's favorites were the elephants, the giant pandas, the gorillas, and the lions. One of my favorite moments is when we were at the lions and Madsen turns to me and says, "Mami, look at the lions. They didn't hurt Daniel, because the angels calmed them." I'm so glad that I have a boy who just loves to learn, especially through music and scriptures. His current favorite song is Follow the Prophet and he just loves singing it all the time, especially the Daniel verse. :) After a full day at the zoo, we took Madsen to this park by the airport where you can watch the planes land at the Reagan National Airport in DC. He loved it. He is so much like Josh, where anything with wheels, and/or a motor, that can go fast interests him. Thanks to my dad, for taking us out for a very fun filled day.
We love the elephants.
Ice cream break!
Here comes a plane!
Madsen loves hanging out with his uncles.
So close to the planes!









0 comments:
Post a Comment